Joyce & Bittner PFA Lawyers Can Help
The Protection From Abuse Act was designed to protect victims of domestic violence from actual abusers. If you have a PFA petition and/or domestic violence criminal charges filed against you, but you believe you did nothing wrong . . . You need legal help to protect your rights.
Under the Protection From Abuse Law you can be removed from your home, have your children taken from you, lose your right to possess firearms and even be arrested . . . all based upon mere allegations. The domestic violence case lawyers at Joyce & Bittner can give you a free initial consultation and explore the range of legal avenues available to defend you including:
- Gathering information and speaking with witnesses
- Enforce your right to hearing within 10 days, where we can present evidence and compel witnesses to attend
- Work to return you to your home and restore your rights to custody or visitation if your children are involved
- Defend you against criminal charges such as Aggravated Assault; Simple Assault; Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Defend you against Indirect Criminal Contempt charges if you are accused of violating an existing PFA order of court
The effects of PFA order can be long lasting and can impact you in many areas:
- Firearm ownership
- Activities with your children, including school and sports
- Expose you to arrest based merely on the allegation you violated a PFA order
- A sentence of up to six months in jail and fines between $300 and $1,000 for a conviction of violating a Protection From Abuse Order
Having knowledgeable legal help can be the difference between having a final PFA order filed against you in a domestic violence case. Call now for legal help!